LaCrosse Footwear
  • Portland, OR, USA
  • $17-$22 per hour DOE
  • Hourly
  • Full Time

Job Description

Maintenance Technician I        

The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.

 

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:

This position is responsible for performing duties following established procedures in all areas of the factory, keeping production equipment operating and performing preventative maintenance to support the production plan.

 

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:

  • Provides quick troubleshooting and timely repairs to fully support the production workflow.
  • Repairs and maintains all production machines and equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications for the electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
  • Maintains safety of machinery, equipment, and factory.
  • Reads blue prints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic schematics to trouble-shoot machines.
  • Manually dismantles defective mechanical/electrical/pneumatic equipment using handheld tools.
  • Completes routine maintenance cost effectively and on time per the Preventative Maintenance program.
  • Provides maintenance assistance as necessary at the corporate headquarters and retail locations.
  • Delivers/pick-ups parts and machinery as required.
  • Ability to fabricate parts and materials using the appropriate tools.

 

OTHER FUNCTIONS:

  • Other duties as assigned

 

POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

  • Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values
  • Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of workers
  • Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
  • Understand and follow directions as given
  • Ability to get along well with others and work as a part of a team
  • Ability to work overtime and be flexible with daily work schedule
  • Computer proficient including strong Microsoft Office skills

 

PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily.

 

  • Lifting, standing, bending and walking a minimum of 8 hours a day
  • Must be able to lift/pull 50 pounds with no restrictions
  • Ability to read and write and type at a level necessary for successful job performance
  • Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
  • Required to use arms, hands and fingers frequently to handle, feel or reach.
  • The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch.

 

QUALIFICATIONS:

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

EDUCATION and or/ EXPERIENCE:

  • High School Diploma, or equivalent required
  • 4+ years experience in industrial hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment is required
  • Must possess valid drivers license with proof of insurance
  • Experience in footwear industry highly desirable TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED: 10% work is spent in an office environment with the other 90% in distribution and factory setting.

 

REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:

  • This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.

 

WORK ENVIRONMENT:

  • Working knowledge of hand & power tools.
LaCrosse Footwear
  • Apply Now

    with our quick 3 minute Application!

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

  • Share This Page
  • Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email
.
Danner logo Lacrosse Logo